Monday, November 23, 2009

So Thankful...

So I was having a little chat with my mother-in-law and her mom about age. I was telling them how upset I was that I am going to be 25 on my next birthday and I feel like I'm getting old! I don't know what it is with me all of a sudden being concerned with my age. I have never been that way and while we were talking about it, I somehow came to the realization that I am actually scared of turning 26! It was the age Jasmine (my cousin who passed from Lupus) died and that just really freaks me out! She died at such a young age and the closer I get to 26 the more scared I get. I just feel like I take life for granted and that I should be living each day to the fullest! I get into the groove of things and sometimes forget how precious life really is. Is that weird? (I don't know) My self marination on that thought was burst when she said, "there is nothing for you to be afraid of". You are so fortunate, and you have so much to be thankful for". How appropriate seeing that Thanksgiving is just 3 days away!

I have a new home, a new husband, a job, an unbelievable family who supports me in all that I do and true friends that I can talk to who love me. Sometimes I feel like such a spoiled brat. So many people out there are far less fortunate than I am.

Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday. The sights, the smells, that warm Christmas feeling and of course bundling up! I always want to just get through Thanksgiving so we can go full steam ahead to Christmas! This year will be a little different. (Though I am already "Kosting" on 103.5 fm cause Christmas music is already playing!) I will really take my time this year and thank my God, my creator, for all that he has given me. Even as I type this guess what!?!? I have that warm Christmas feeling... but it's too early for Christmas so it's that warm Thanksgiving feeling that I can't wait to have... year after year. I hope you find what you are truly thankful for and share it with your family on Thanksgiving, that's what I'll be doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment